Sometimes, situations arise where you may find it necessary to delete someone else’s Instagram account. Whether it’s due to spamming, unwanted content, or the need to protect your own privacy, understanding the process of removing someone from your Instagram account by reporting is important.
In this article, we will provide you with a detailed step-by-step guide on how to delete someone else’s Instagram account. We will also address some frequently asked questions related to this topic.
How to Delete Someone Else’s Instagram Account: A Step-by-Step Guide
1. Report the Instagram Account
- Open the Instagram app on your mobile device.
- Find and open the Instagram account you wish to delete.
- Tap the three dots located in the top right corner of the profile page.
- Select the “Report” option from the menu that appears.
- Choose the option that says “This is inappropriate.”
- Select “Report Account” to proceed.
- Finally, choose the option that best describes the Instagram account’s status in your state or region.
- If Instagram support team find any violation of terms and conditions they will ban that instagram account permanently.
2. Utilize Instagram’s Help Center
- Open your preferred web browser and go to Instagram’s Help Center.
- Select the appropriate option, such as “Someone opened a phony account in my name or that of a close friend.”
- Provide your name, email, and the name and username of the Instagram account you want to report.
- Upload a JPEG photo of yourself holding your identification document (ID).
- Clearly state your complaint in the Additional Information box.
- Click the “Submit” button to finalize the report.
3. Deleting Instagram Accounts of Deceased Individuals
- Open your web browser and visit the Instagram Help Center.
- Choose the option that addresses account-related issues, such as “I’m having trouble with my account.”
- Fill in your full name and email address.
- Enter the full name, username, and link to the Instagram account belonging to the deceased individual.
- Provide the date of death for the account owner.
- Upload a scanned copy of a death certificate, birth certificate, or power of attorney.
- Include any additional relevant details in your message.
- Click the send button to submit the report.
- If all documents are true that someone account will be permanently delete from instagram.
4. Await Instagram’s Response
After completing the necessary steps to report the account or request the deletion, Instagram will review the situation and take appropriate action. It typically takes one to three days for Instagram’s support team to address reports, depending on their workload and the complexity of the situation.
Deleting someone else’s Instagram account may become necessary for various reasons. By following the steps outlined in this guide, you can take control of your Instagram feed and ensure the privacy and security of your content. Remember to provide accurate and detailed information when reporting an account or requesting the deletion of a deceased individual’s account.