If you are looking to apply for your Canara Bank Debit Card, you might be wondering where to start. Fortunately, applying for a Canara Bank debit card online is quick and easy.
Thanks to the Canara Bank mobile app, which allows you to apply in just two steps and pay via net banking or cash deposit, thereby saving yourself the hassle of visiting an ATM or a bank branch in person.
Follow this step-by-step guide on how to apply for a Canara Bank debit card online and you will be using it in no time.
An Introduction to Canara Bank
Canara Bank is one of the oldest private-sector banks in India. The name of the bank is derived from the word Kanara which means a hill country in Southern India.
It was established in 1906 and has since grown into one of India’s most trusted financial institutions. It also has operations in other countries as well, including the United Kingdom, the USA, Hong Kong, China, and many more.
The bank offers an array of financial services, including savings, lending, wealth management, and insurance.
How to Apply for a Canara Bank Debit Card Online
Are you ready to apply online for your new Canara Bank Debit Card? It’s easy. Here is how you can do it.
- Go to the Canara Bank website (www.canarabank.com)
- Find the personal banking and select “Card services“
- Now select the “Debit cards” option from there.
- Now choose the type of debit card you want” Canara Classic, Standard Debit Card, Platinum Cards, and Campus Cards.
- After selecting the card, there will be an “apply” button, click it.
- Now you will be asked to fill in the online form. Enter your Account Number, PAN card number, and Aadhaar linked to your account.
- After filling out the form, submit the application.
- Now you will receive an OTP in your registered mobile number.
- Enter the OTP and validate it.
- After validating OTP, you will see your account details like Customer ID, Account Number, Address, First name, Last name, etc.
- You can also change the address where you want the bank to send the debit card.
- Now choose the Debit card you want to use like domestic or international.
- Once you have completed all the steps, it will take 3 to 5 days to get your debit card.
Type of Canara bank Debit Cards
Canara Bank offers four different types of debit cards: Canara Classic, Standard Debit Card, Platinum Cards, and Campus Cards.
- Canara Classic / Standard Debit Card: The Canara bank classic standard debit card is ideal if you want to withdraw cash from an ATM, shop online, or buy something at a store. It has a Cash Withdrawal Limit of Rs 40,000 per day and a PoS/Online Limit is Rs 1,00,000 per day. This card comes with an annual fee of Rs. 125 and it allows 3 Transactions for Metros and 5 transactions for other centers.
- Canara Platinum Card: The Canara bank platinum debit card is perfect for you if you’re saving money on your expenses. It has no annual fee and there are no service charges as well. It has a Cash Withdrawal Limit of Rs 50,000 per day and a Purchase limit of Rs.2 lakhs per day. It also gives complementary insurance benefits.
- Campus Cards: This card is issued to the students of the college or Institution. With this card, students can withdraw cash from ATMs, make purchases with the card and pay fees to the institution.
How to track Canara Bank Debit Card Online?
Once you have completed the application and submitted it, you can track your application status by following these steps:
- Go to https://canarabankcsis.in/dcrpl/onlinetrack.aspx
- Now Select your Account No. or Inward No.
- Enter your Account Number
- Enter the captcha and proceed in order to view your application status.
Also Read: What is Paytm First & How To Use It?
What happens if I don’t receive Canara bank debit card?
If you don’t get the card in time, you can ask your branch office to send it by post.
Alternatively, if you have an internet banking account with them, they will provide you with an access code so that you can activate your card online.
The process is quick and easy and only takes a few minutes to complete. Once activated, you can use your card immediately at any location where VISA is accepted.
How can I get an instant debit card from Canara Bank?
1. Visit Canara Bank’s official website and Login using your credentials.
2. Now, click on ‘Apply for a New Debit Card’.
3. Enter your bank account number and PAN number.
4. Type the characters that are displayed on the site and Next, click on ‘Proceed’.
5. You get card within a month on your adress.
How to apply for a Canara bank debit card online without net banking?
If you don’t have access to the internet. Then you can make a missed call from the registered mobile phone to 09015734734 to receive information on the most recent transactions through SMS. Or you can contact 1800 425 0018 for more information.
How can I activate the Canara Bank ATM card by SMS?
While activating your debit card/ ATM card you get a PIN, now here first four digits of the PIN are the last four digits of your Canara band ATM and the last four digits are the last four digits of your Canara bank account number. Once you receive this PIN you can use it to activate the Canara ATM.
Which debit card is best in Canara Bank?
In the Canara bank, you can get Platinum Debit Card which is a global Debit Card with an EMV Chip & PIN feature. This card has Global acceptability it has a Cash withdrawal limit of Rs. 1,00,000/- per day.
To summarize, the process of applying for a new debit card is relatively straightforward. All you need is access to the internet, your personal information, and the time to fill out an application. Once you have applied and received your card, it will be time to get shopping.